GAIN Equine Nutrition continue Team Ireland Equestrian Underage sponsorship for a further four years
Today saw the official launch of GAIN Equine Nutrition’s renewed sponsorship of the Team Ireland Equestrian underage teams in the disciplines of Showjumping, Eventing and with the new addition of Dressage.
This sponsorship renewal will see GAIN Equine Nutrition support the Team Ireland Equestrian underage teams for what will be eight consecutive years. The official launch took place in the National Conference Centre at the National Sports Campus, Abbottstown. Guest speakers, Sally Corscadden (Senior and Young Rider Eventing High Performance Director) and Olympian Joseph Murphy spoke about their aims for the season ahead and the importance of nutrition to enable riders to compete at the highest level.
RTE’s Robert Hall MC’ed the event, interviewing some of Ireland’s leading underage riders who later participated in an equestrian demonstration in the National Horse Sport Arena at the National Sports Campus, these young riders included;
- Vicky Campbell (Squad member of the Pony High Performance Dressage Programme 2017)
- Sophie Foyle (Tattersalls International Pony winner (CCI* for Ponies) 2017)
- Seamus Hughes Kennedy (Squad member of the Pony High Performance Showjumping Programme, Member of Opglabbeek Nations Cup team, Belgium where Team Ireland finished in 2ndplace)
- Lucy Latta (Pony Team Gold 2012, Pony Team Bronze 2013, Junior Team Gold 2014 & 2017 Squad member of the Young Rider High Performance Eventing programme)
- Robyn O’Neill (Squad member of the Pony High Performance Dressage Programme 2017)
Henry Corbally, Chairman of Glanbia plc commented:
“Team Ireland Equestrian teams have made fantastic progress in recent years, consistently delivering excellent results. We are delighted to continue our sponsorship of the Underage Teams to help build on their success for the future”.
Mary Delaney, Head of Sales GAIN Equine Nutrition said:
“We are delighted to renew our partnership with Horse Sport Ireland and the underage Team Ireland Equestrian teams. We look forward to providing our nutritional expertise and support to all riders, to further enhance their High Performance Programmes, and help give Ireland a competitive edge on the world stage”.
James Kennedy, Horse Sport Irelands interim CEO said;
“Team Ireland Equestrian underage teams have been extremely successful with GAIN’s support over the last four years and we hope going forward we can exceed these results in the coming four years, I would like to thank Glanbia and GAIN Equine Nutrition for their continued support which means so much to the athletes competing at European Championships”